Thirteen AGRA Members and Associates attended a special visit to the College of Arms in September
On 28 September 2017 thirteen Members and Associates led by Sharon Grant visited the College of Arms in London. Peter O’Donoghue (York Herald) welcomed everyone and gave a talk on the history of heralds, heraldry and the College of Arms.
The College of Arms was founded in 1484 by Richard III. Henry V was a great supporter of heraldry. Three rooms were shown: The Earl Marshal’s Court, the Waiting Room and the Record Room. In the record room Peter showed many examples of arms and recorded pedigrees from the 15th century to the present day.